Friday, January 21, 2011

Party Favorites!

Party?!?!
I loooove appetizers and simple foods when I go to someone's house!
Here are some recipes I have made myself! They are amazing!!

Potato Skins
You Will Need:
-6 large baking potatoes
-2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
-Several drops bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
-2/3 cup chopped Canadian-style bacon or 8 slices bacon,
cooked, drained, and crumbled
-2/3 cup finely chopped tomato (1 medium tomato)
-2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-1/2 cup dairy sour cream (optional)
Steps:
1. Scrub baking potatoes and prick with a fork.
Bake in a 425 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender; let cool.
2. Cut each potato lengthwise into 4 wedges. Scoop out the white portion of each
potato wedge. Leave a shell about 1/4 inch thick. Cover and chill the leftover white portion
for another use.
3. In a small bowl, combine the oil, chili powder, and hot pepper sauce. Using a pastry
brush, brush the insides of the potato wedges with the oil mixture. Place the potato wedges in a single
layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle the wedges with bacon, tomato, and green onion; top with cheese.
4. Bake about 10 minutes more or until cheese melts and potato wedges are heated through.
Serve with sour cream if desired.
Prep time is 20 minutes. Bake time is 50 minutes. Serves 24 wedges.
This was kind of messy because I had so much going on, but they were delicious!

Sausage Balls
This is my mom's recipe!
You Will Need:
-1 pound sausage
-1 pound sharp cheddar cheese; grated
-3 cups Bisquick mix
Steps:
1.  Combine and mixx sausge, cheese, and Bisquick mix well.
2. Roll into quarter-sized balls.
3. Bake at375 degrees 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown!

Quick Pizza Breadsticks
You Will Need:
-1 10 ounce package refrigerated pizza dough (or you can make your own like I did!)
-2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
-1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
-2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
-1 8 ounce can pizza sauce, warmed
Steps:
1. Lightly grease a large baking sheet. Unroll pizza dough and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
Using your hands, press the dough into a 12x9-inch rectangle. Brush the dough with the melted butter.
2. In a small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and red pepper; sprinkle over dough. Cut the dough crosswise into twelve 1-inch strips using a sharp knife; cut in half lengthwise to make 24 strips.
3. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with warm pizza sauce as a dip!
This is my favorite! :) I wish I took pictures!
Prep and bake time are both 10 minutes each. Serves 24.

To be continued! :) 

2 comments:

  1. I love appetizers too and this is making my extremely hungry even though it's 7 a.m. here in Texas!! I love that you started a blog and I can't wait to follow your adventures in Hawaii through it!

    ReplyDelete